1 Corinthians 13:6- (NKJV) does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:6-7 (NIV) 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:6-7 (ESV) it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Rejoicing in truth. What does this mean to you?
Truth is not opinion or your perspective and point of view. The real Truth is Jesus.
Definition of truth plural truths\ˈtrüthz, ˈtrüths\
- 1aarchaic : fidelity, constancyb : sincerity in action, character, and utterance
- 2a(1) : the state of being the case : fact (2) : the body of real things, events, and facts : actuality (3) often capitalized : a transcendent fundamental or spiritual realityb : a judgment, proposition, or idea that is true or accepted as true <truths of thermodynamics>c : the body of true statements and propositions
- 3a: the property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or realityb chiefly British : true 2c : fidelity to an original or to a standard
- 4capitalized,Christian Science : god
- : in accordance with fact : actually
Origin and Etymology of truth Middle English trewthe, from Old Englishtrēowth fidelity; akin to Old English trēowefaithful — more at true
Definition of truth for English Language Learners
- the truth: the real facts about something : the things that are true
- :the quality or state of being true
- :a statement or idea that is true or accepted as true
Synonyms facticity, factuality, sooth, trueness, verity
Definition of rejoice
1. transitive verb
- : to give joy to : gladden
3. intransitive verb
- : to feel joy or great delight
rejoicingly -ˈjȯi-siŋ-lē\ adverb
Definition of rejoice for English Language Learners
- :to feel or show that you are very happy about something
Verse 7 – bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
What does it mean to bear something?
What do you believe in?
What does it mean to endure?